Friday, October 12, 2007

Thankful

You know when you have those moments when you are overcome with gratitude for something or someone? I had one of those moments last night on my way home from choir. I was realizing how lucky I am to have such an amazing husband. He works hard all week so we can afford to live and eat and on top of that, he watches Henry for me every Thursday night (choir) and a lot of weekends when I'm involved in music at church. On top of THAT, he has allowed me to have some really fun days with my girlfriends lately, and for that I am incredibly thankful. Moms need a break, too, and Jim doesn't hesitate to let me have some "me" time. I struggle a lot with the guilt factor of getting to be a stay-at-home mom and spend time with my darling boy all day, every day, but God put this fantastic man in my life who constantly reassures me that he is so glad I can stay home and raise our son. Jim has blown me away with his love for Henry and how naturally and comfortably he adapted to the role of "Father." Awesome father. Totally rad dad. My sweet husband...what a blessing. I love you, Jim!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jim said...

Well, all I can say is...It is truly my pleasure.

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Stephanie, your gratitude is beautiful! I always knew you would be a wonderful and amazing mama and it is so fun to watch you love it. Jim, it's like they say, behind every great wife and mama is a loving, appreciative, understanding husband! Thanks for being such a great guy for Steph & Henry.

Anonymous said...

This just proves that marriage is not a fifty/fifty proposition. It is a 100% of each giving to the other. 50/50 you are always keeping score. 100%, each one is doing all they can to care for and love the other Keep up the good work.
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

How sweet...it's always important to be thankful, and you have so much to be thankful for in Jim and you expressed it so beautifully. And Jim has a lot to be thankful for, too...! God's blessings are too many to count!

love,
Mom

eets said...

You guys are great together (very funny and fun to watch!) What I tell Sarah whenever she feels guilty is to think about it this way: What greater gift can a man give his children than to give them their loving mother. That is, if Jim's hard work enables your children to have you as the nurturing caregiver that you are, he feels so wonderful being able to give them the gift of you.