Tuesday, August 14, 2007

If you have cabin fever, go to...

VERNONIA!

What?!?!
Yeah, that was my response, too. But what a fun day! Jim worked a 1/2 day on Friday so we took a little road trip. Small town, quaint shops, old train, beautiful parks... You should try it out sometime!


Let's get this party started!




Henry is super excited
(and wearing his new hat! thanks Aunt Delissa and family!)




My boys and the river
(Henry is more interested in the waterfall than me)




Fun with dandelions...priceless


Duck! DUCK!


I wonder what my mom would do if I just jumped in...

Fun awaits your family in Vernonia! (Or at least, peace and quiet - and a beautiful walking trail around Mill Pond)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Aj Schwanz said...

Since Jason hasn't commented, I will step in and say "nice hat". :)

And seriously: how do you get a kid to have cheeks like that?!! I'm so jealous.

Delissa said...

Ok. I give up. Where is Vernonia? I realize it can't be anywhere near Boston, but where the heck is it?

Becky said...

Yeah for Vernonia! Sounds like a fun day.

Steph said...

Hmmm. I believe Vernonia is about 40 minutes or so northwest of us in Hillsboro. :) Some small town that has a BIG sign on Hwy 26 that tells you to go there. :)

Steph said...

Oh, and AJ...I would say Henry's cheeks are due to the fact that he's a good eater (and by good, I mean obsessive), but I'm afraid it might also be genetic. I won't go into detail, but I also had very large cheeks as a baby. Anyone who has seen the "baseball" picture can attest to that. :P

Brazenlilly said...

I love the look on his face in the river picture. I think he's saying "No, seriously, mom. Behind you there is this really cool thing. I can't smile right now. You guys should be looking at this too. Right there."

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

We were planning to head to Disney Land for our family vacation - but you've convinced me - Vernonia, here we come!

I agree cheeks are genetic. ;)