Friday, January 08, 2010

January 8, 2000

'Twas the day these two children were married:



Happy Anniversary, Babe! Without you, I would not be who I am today. Thank you for being a loving and supportive husband, for being my confidante in all things (even though you sometimes wish you weren't :), and for giving me perspective when I'm too far gone in my emotions to see it myself. Thank you for being the most amazing daddy to our two beautiful sons, whom I am so blessed to get to spend every day with at home (or let's be honest...all over town). I am so proud of all you do and all you have accomplished, but most of all, I am so proud of the man that you are. We couldn't have more different personalities, but God knew the balancing act he was putting together on this day 10 years ago. He knew how I much I needed your strength, mind and composure. And you know God knew how much you needed my silliness, loudness and inability to think before speaking. :)

In some ways, I can't believe it has been 10 years already. In other ways, I remember how much has happened and how much we've done in those 10 years. We've made a home, a family and some of the best friendships with people we will ever know. We have solidified the foundations of who we are together and who we are in Christ. How blessed are we? I know! So much! I love you with everything I am and I can't wait to experience the next 10 years with you (and the next and the next...) and all the fun times they will bring. I am praising the Lord today for true commitments and the blessings they bring!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jo B. said...

Congratulations, you two! Roy and I are priviledged to know you both. May God bless all your years together!
Jo

Brazenlilly said...

I'm crying over here. You two are a wonderful couple and amazing friends. WE thank God that he brought you two together! Steph, you are right: you are strangely and perfectly matched. :)

Nina said...

I feel so blessed I was at your beautiful wedding! The gift is mine to have you in my life. Also.. I will never forget the chocolate candy bars you gave as favors(: Love you, Nina

Anonymous said...

Wow...Look what God has done for you guys in ten years...may he bless you with many more years to come.
Naomi

Jovial J said...

Ahhhhhh. What a beautiful love letter. Congratulations.

butters said...

I'm got a little choked up myself, so well written Steph... you both are such wonderful people and we are blessed to know and love you both! Happy 10 years!

Becky said...

Happy 10 years! We're so blessed to have you two in our lives..and you know we love your kiddos. So happy for you guys and can't wait to see what the next years bring.

Becky said...

and stop it with your sweet picture...you cute kids!

Unknown said...

I thought of the two of you last week -- 10 yrs! Can you believe it?! I was there when it all happened , never would have imagined 2 kids from the two of you. Congrats and I wish you many more years together. God did a great job bring Jim up to Trout Lake that weekend!