I don't know why but today was a funny day. Maybe not the "I'm busting my gut laughing" sort of funny, but "chuckle, chuckle" kind of funny. Or "aaaaah" kind of funny. What? Anyhow, here's my day:
1. Sarah and Ethan came over this morning so we could work on a song we are doing together next weekend. Pretty much, we had the boom box up so loud my own ears hurt, because Henry was BAM-BAM-BAMming away at the keyboard (after turning it all the way up) and Ethan POP-POP-POPing around the room with a lawn mower toy. No, they did not want to play in the other room with ALL THE TOYS. They wanted to bring ALL THE TOYS to us. Also, Henry wanted to bring Sarah all the Christmas decorations he could get his hands on. Precious.
2. Henry would have nothing to do with me while Aunt Sarah was here. I was trying to save her the burden of picking up our "little" boy but he would have none of it. He'd walk right past me and put his arms out to Sarah. He literally even shrugged away from me. I was apparently in the doghouse for something. At one point, Sarah had both Ethan and Henry on her lap, which doesn't seem all that easy when you also have a baby in your belly.
3. Ethan and Henry were on different sides of the couch. Ethan peeked over and Henry said, "BOO!" at him. We giggled.
4. Today, while Henry and I were coloring, I drew the strangest looking person with weird, spiky hair, a big belly and a HUGE belly button and Henry pointed at it and said, "DAD!" Heee.
5. When I walked into the sanctuary tonight for choir, the worship team was finishing up their last song, which is an African song. I will make this short. Sarah is on worship team. Singing African words. AND SHE HAS TO DO A LITTLE DANCE!!! HA! How cute is a pregnant lady doing a little African jig? I couldn't contain myself.
6. Our dryer started making a weird noise today and long story short, Jim fixed it!!! When I got home from choir, there was a totally torn up toddler sock waiting for me, which was apparently stuck in the blower housing. It just tickled me (yes, tickled) that we a) have these tiny socks in the house, and b) it's what tried to break my dryer.
7. I peeked in on Henry before I took my shower tonight and he was sleeping on his side, blanket pulled up to just past his waist, with his elbow resting on it, and his hands folded together on the pillow. He now sleeps like me!
Anyhow, this blog entry was way too long. And pretty rambling. And even though no one will probably appreciate it except for Sarah, I'm glad I took the time. :)