Friday, May 04, 2012

Some clever title after not blogging for awhile...

Oh dear.  It has been so long since I last blogged, that Blogger has totally changed and everything looks different.  Hmmm.

But first, I must explain.  I mean, I suppose if you who are reading this also have (or have had) children, you understand.  When it was just the one miniature human being, I felt like I had plenty of time on my hands.  Since adding the second, time is slowly seeping away from me. 

Somehow, Henry is almost finished with Kindergarten.  Somehow, since about December, his reading has TAKEN OFF and is his favorite past time.  As in, he reads more than he plays Legos!  Somehow, I manage to make it through each day not bawling at the realization that my son no longer needs my help when words pop up on his video games or on the TV or on that Entertainment Weekly magazine I left on the counter.  He's got this.  Note to self: do not leave Entertainment Weekly sitting about.

Also, somehow, Wyatt will be turning three this month.  Hmmwhat?  There is so much about him that is totally THREE already.  But then there are things that confound me about him.  I really try very  hard not to compare my two boys because Boy Howdy.  They couldn't have more different personalities.  Since I have blogged so much on that subject already, I won't go into detail but I'll share one little example.  The DAY that Henry turned TWO, I threw out all his sippie cups and he from then on drank from a big boy cup.  With much care and responsibility.

*cough*

So...Wyatt is turning three soon and there is no way in bleep! that I would give him a regular cup.  Not based on ability, because please.  He can drink just fine from a cup.  Oh no.  He thinks it is HILARIOUS to trickle it down his front, or better yet, toss the whole cup on the ground and laugh as the cup and water bounce back.  Hilarious, Wyatt.

This oh-so-funny little guy just has a way about him.  I try to disregard his major affinity for the word "no" and appreciate his desire to live life to the fullest, as they say.  Second to hearing "no" all day, is the sound of quick little feet running as fast as they can in the opposite direction of me with a trailing, "Soooorry, Mooooommy!"  Stinker.

Anyhow, so life has been busy!  Full of good things and good peeps, but busy.  I realized today, that we haven't even picked up a camera in a couple of months.  So, with a renewed spirit of keeping moments alive, I shall dust off that camera and stretch my fingers in the hopes that they will be typing more frequently.  For now, here's a picture that someone else took of us on Easter:



See?  We're still alive!  And happy!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

So happy to see my favorite blogger back. Love you, love your hubby and kiddos, love your blog, and love the picture!

Debbie said...

I.Love.You!!

Jess said...

Welcome back :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful update, Steph. I just love hearing from you, so I look forward to more posts. And... your boys are incredible, unique and delightful! Your honesty is refreshing. Hope you guys have a wonderful summer!
:)