Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I'll beat you to the top of the coconut tree!

One of Wyatt's favorite past times is reading books.  Wait...no.  Listening to someone else read him books.  Yes, that sounds more like it.  However, since no one has every moment of every day available to devote to reading books to him (unless Grandma is here!), he likes to carry them around the house and read them loudly to himself.  Almost daily, we are woken up around 7 am to the sounds of said loud reader or to the sound of him chucking finished books to the other side of his room.  Often, as Jim and I are still half-slumbering in our bed, we are brought to giggles at the sound of Wyatt laughing over whatever his book just told him.  He's a nut. 

Anyhow, this video doesn't really show any of that, but it is a clip of something that I literally see daily.  This is Wyatt, reading his very favorite book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  Props to Aunt Becky!  Thanks for buying this for Henry on his 2nd Christmas.  Wyatt loooooves it somethin' fierce.  As in he recites it to himself all day. 


This video was taken at the very beginning of December, so I assure you that he doesn't skip from page 3 to the last page anymore.  He has been practicing.  A lot.  Loudly.

4 comments:

Nina said...

He is sooo cute, funny, and very smart!! I just want to kiss that face at least 100 times (: I love that book too. It makes anyone smile just to say "Chicka CHicka Boom Boom".

Becky said...

I LOVE IT! I can just hear his little morning giggle after his read. Wyatt, you're adorable and your teacher is gonna love you someday. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom has been a long time favorite in the Bunch house. Have you learned the song yet? Oh it's rockin'. PS..thanks for the props- you know I love a good shout out.

sarah said...

Love it! I just love his little voice!

jgorger said...

Super cute!