Friday, May 26, 2006

The difference a year can make

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of one of the saddest days in my and Jim's lives. I can still feel the pain of loss like it was yesterday, but the Lord has blessed us so much in this one year, way beyond what we could have imagined, that the pain becomes easier to bear. I cannot explain the depth our marriage has grown or the strength our friendships have taken, but these things are what I am thankful for each and every day. We have a precious baby boy on the way, a new house to put together and enjoy with our friends and family, so many baby nephews to love and hold born in the last 8 months, amazing, AMAZING friends and family... I am so thankful that even in the deepest heartache, God can reach down and grant us peace - that He makes His love for us known in so many other ways. True, it is hard not to get just what we want, right when we want it, exactly how we planned for it. But now I cannot argue that the Lord knew better than me - knew the person I would become, the things I would learn, the bonds that would grow stronger.

Thank you to all our family and friends, who have helped make this past year not one of suffering, but one of many joys and good memories. I am eternally grateful for the love and support that has helped put the smile on my face today. Thank you especially to my husband, who has shown me more love than I deserve and who sacrificed so much to keep me going. I love you all.

2 comments:

Roy B. said...

You are a wonderfully brave person, Stephanie. Thank you for stepping back into that shadow to count today's blessings and and share them with the rest of us. We love you!

Brazenlilly said...

We love you guys, too. And we have learned and grown as well, not just from the experience itself, but from how you and Jim have responded to it. You could have let it cripple you, and yet you let it enrich and deepen you. Blessed be the name of the Lord. :)